What: Creating a business environment
First, we help you assess your city’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. With that assessment, we help you identify a vision of where you want to take your community; then we help you devise a strategic plan to create that vision.
- After identifying your goals, you may find that your city needs infrastructure or enhancements beyond the city budget. In that case, we can help set up Tax Increment Finance or Public Improvement Districts to help finance infrastructure improvements. We can also analyze your current incentive program and help negotiate incentives with developers to achieve a win-win situation for both parties.
- Do you have a site in your community you would like to see developed? Are you wondering where to begin the development process? At Orasi, we believe site analysis is composed of several elements that go together like puzzle pieces. If any piece is missing, we don’t have a comprehensive picture of retail potential for your area.
The pieces we utilize to create the whole picture are:
- The most current demographic information, which helps us identify a trade area and project future growth
- Consumer-spending data, which helps us identify consumer spending habits by retail category. From this data, we make projections regarding future trends. In other words, what do people in this area like to eat? What do they spend money on? What products would they buy if those products were available?
- Other demographic, psychographic (lifetstyle) and consumer spending data provided by several national data sources
- A thorough field evaluation – we don’t rely just on data; we physically drive the site to analyze whether the demographic data is accurate. By seeing the site firsthand, we can pinpoint where new population growth or decline is occurring, note existing and planned retail development, traffic flow and infrastructure. Using city data, such as platting and new building permits, we can also identify construction trends like new subdivisions and planned schools.
- Evaluation of consumer spending in all retail categories for a trade area using a proprietary model. Enhanced by our fieldwork, this model indicates where consumer demand is either not met or is satisfied by retail in the trade area. Not only can we determine what retail categories have enough potential for locations in a trade area, we can also suggest which retailers may be appropriate.